WTTC certifies ‘Amazing Thailand SHA’ on par with ‘SafeTravels’ protocols on 2 April 2021
Bangkok, 02 April, 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is delighted to announce that the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) has certified the Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA) certification programme to be on par with the WTTC SafeTravels global health and hygiene standardised protocols.
WTTC’s approval of the Amazing Thailand SHA certification in alignment with the WTTC SafeTravels protocols is testament to Thailand’s effective health and hygiene standards that have over the year placed the kingdom among the best in the world for the ongoing COVID-19 recovery effort.
Also, WTTC’s approval means that Thai stakeholders who have been awarded the Amazing Thailand SHA certificate will be endorsed to display both the WTTC SafeTravels and Amazing Thailand SHA logos in their respective places of business.
Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA)
This campaign aims at elevating safety standards of Thai tourism industry, in order to ensure that both Thai and foreign tourists will have a positive experience, that they are satisfied with, and confident in the sanitation and safety standards of Thai tourism, while also aiming to prevent the spreading of COVID-19.
The evaluation methods and methodology of assessment for tourism establishments and services to be certified with the Amazing Thailand SHA certification will cover five key areas.
- Tourism establishments and services must strictly follow the COVID-19 control guidelines by the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health.
- The safety of attractions and facilities with development plans or operation procedures that focus on ensuring tourist safety while maintaining local culture and promoting interaction between local communities and tourists.
- Hygiene and sanitation in tourism establishments and services, such as, homestays, lodges, souvenir shops and restaurants.
- Convenience, cleanliness, and safety of linkages between communities and attractions, as well as the safety and health standards of transportation, including private cars, public buses, and airlines.
- The confidence in tourism personnel in tourism establishments, including tourist safety and security protocol.